Seeking Foremen + Field Engineers in the low voltage / structured cabling field / ICT.
The Operations Team is looking for talented individuals who are our working in the Structured Cabling / Low Voltage / Information Transport Systems business that is capable of working as a lead Foreman or Field engineer to design, implement, and maintain cabling infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will possess a very strong cabling infrastructure background with knowledge of networking architecture and commercial construction practices.
To be a qualified candidate for this role you must have experience with the physical installation and troubleshooting of cabling infrastructure inclusive of category 5e, 6, 6a, 8, multi-pair copper and fiber optics and display a validated ability to lead and manage field-based resources on large-scale projects.
The qualified candidate knows the industry standards and can apply them in the field in a wide range of situations/job conditions. This position has a considerable amount of latitude in performing work. Foreman – Field Engineer must use their judgment in selecting the materials and methods to complete the work assignment.
This person knows the cabling infrastructure, design methods, installation, and testing best practices relating to the material selection, performance, functionality, application, and intended use of a multitude of products.
This is a role for an experienced structured cabling foreman – field engineer with the understanding of commercial construction, electrical principles, and voice/data/video networks.
Role Responsibilities & Requirements
- Project management, organization, and problem solving skills with a drive for results and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work extended hours to include early morning, late evenings and on weekends as needed
- Ability to work efficiently under high pressure to meet tight project milestones and deadlines
- Possesses excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to complete and submit accurate documentation.
- Communicates consistently to maintain accurate reports and project updates.
- Ensures timely completion of assigned projects, within scope and budget, and with complete client satisfaction.
- Works hand-in-hand with the Project Manager in developing resource schedules, manpower allocation, all material related assignments (BOM generation, receipt, inventory), communicating as tasks are completed, changes in project scope, site-surveys, vendor management, field activities, quality control, and all other tasks related to the successful completion of the project.
- Anticipates, plans, and proactively develops work-around procedures/mitigation strategies to accommodate delays and/or interruptions of work.
- Supervises and supports contractors to include coordinating access requests, establishes clear directions, sets objectives on work and results, and provides feedback on vendor performance to Project Manager.
- Ability to interpret engineering, architectural, and construction plans, drawings and specifications, and knowledge of building and mechanical/electrical codes is required.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment.
- Direct oversight/responsibility for all on-site resources (Resources include staff, tools, equip, and material)
- Must understand basic telephony architecture, copper multi-pair frames and cross-connect, color code, and connectivity of telephone systems and devices.
- Understands enterprise size network architecture, familiar with primary network equipment and purpose such as switches, routers, servers, hubs, media converters, transceivers, and ups.
- Understands networking access methods such as Ethernet and corresponding standards from IEEE.
- Understands current trends of structured cabling infrastructure operating in large scale enterprise networks and data centers.
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of industry codes, standards, and methods such as IEEE, ANSI, TIA, EIA, BICSI, NEC, NFPA, and OSHA.
Compensation: Based on skill level, applicable certifications, experience and professionalism
Employment Type: Full-Time + Part-Time
Location – Fort Wayne, IN – Indianapolis, IN – Augusta, GA
Job Type – Installation – Maint – Repair, Skilled Labor – Trades, Telecommunications, Low Voltage
Education – HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience – None Required, 3 to 5 years minimum experience desired
Manages Others – Yes
Industry – Electrical, Networking, Telecommunications, Low Voltage, Structured Cabling
Travel – There will be travel associated with this position
Qualified applicants must have:
- Ability to lift over 75 pounds independently
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Good communication skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to use a Computer and mainstream software applications
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills in all forms
- The ability to provide superior customer service
- Have a professional look
Employment Application for any of the above positions